BCS, MCS and Dip.CS Online/Contact Courses
In English and Tamil
Gurukul Lutheran Theological College & Research Institute, a leading Ecumenical Seminary, established in 1953 continues to impart theological education equipping women and men for the ministry and mission of the Church.
Gurukul plays a major role in providing theological education for the people of God, the laity to theologically equip them at their convenient time without affecting their vocation.
- To accurately understand and interpret the Word of God.
- To uphold the Reformation paradigm of “Priesthood of all believers”
- To enhance life and spirituality with a passion for Christ-likeness.
- To develop servant-leaders who promote a Spirit-empowered ministry appropriate to different contexts
- To Integrate Christian reflection and action for mission
- To provide theological education to people irrespective of age, gender, colour, case and creed.
- In-depth Bible Training
- Responsive Professors
- Valuable Degree
Mode of Study
- Online Classes/Contact Seminars
- Online resources and books will be provided
The Martin Luther Library is the centre for academic excellence. It provides an access to a wide range of Books. It has more than 60,000 volumes. Students have access to online resources for their class and research work.
- Flexible class schedule
- opportunity to perform studies at your own pace
- to pursue a college or seminary education without needing to leave their home.
- Six Online classes in a year through multi-media interactive method
- Six Contact Seminars in a year
- Our Professors are here to help with your coursework.
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Christian Ministry
- Christian Response to Multi
- faith Society
- History of Christianity
- Contemporary Issues
- Christian Mission and Vision
- Christian Faith and Ethics
Diplomas and Degrees Offered:
The candidate should have completed 18 years of age and Passed 10+2 Or Passed 10th with at least five years of ministerial experience .
Duration : Two Years
Should have a Bachelor Degree Or A matured person who is at least 25years of age with two years of professional experience and has passed “Matured Candidates” Entrance Examination Or Should have done Diploma in Christian Studies (Dip.C.S.) of the Senate of Serampore College (University), in Second Class.
Duration: Four Years
Candidates should have passed BCS or BD or any degree equivalent to BCS from a university recognized by the Senate of Serampore College (University) and the candidate should have a minimum of one year of ministerial experience after BCS or BD.
Duration: Three Years
- Medium of Instruction for all courses: English and Tamil
- Last date to submit filled –in application form – before 15th October
Download Application Form - Diploma in Christian Studies
Download Application Form - Bachelor in Christian Studies
Download Application Form - Master in Christian Studies
- For details Contact:
Rev. Dr. Shanthi Sudha Monica
Dean –External Studies,
Gurukul Lutheran Theological College & Research Institute,
94, Purasawalkam High Road, Kilpauk,
Chennai-600010, Tamil Nadu. India.
Phone : +91 9841074878
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.gltc.edu